Your journey starts here. We’ve reimagined and updated our iconic DK Eyewitness travel guides. This brand new South Africa guide, now in a lightweight format, has been expertly curated with all new photography plus DK’s much-loved illustrations and maps.
– Gorgeous, all-new colour photography so you can imagine yourself there
– Reasons to love South Africa- world-class museums, the magnificent Table Mountain, getting up close to amazing wildlife on a safari – what will yours be?
– See South Africa from a different angle- lots of fresh ideas for exploring the city
– A fully illustrated and detailed field guide to South Africa’s incredible wildlife
– A year-long calendar of events in South Africa gives a selection of local events and festivals for all seasons
– Expert advice covers the practical stuff- get ready, get around and stay safe
– Detailed colour maps help you navigate the country with ease
– Expert tips to make memories that last – where to snap and share the perfect photo, take in stunning views and escape the crowds
– The most authentic places to stay, eat, drink and shop
– Easy-to-follow walks and itineraries take you on a tour of each area, with plenty of food and drink stops en route.
– Hand-drawn illustrations highlight the must-see attractions, including the Castle of Good Hope, Boschendal Manor House and the V&A Waterfront.
– Covers Cape Town; The Western Cape and Southern Cape; The East Coast and Interior; Gauteng, Limpopo and Mpumalanga; and The Arid Interior.
Planning a shorter break? Try our Top 10 Cape Town and the Winelands.
About DK Eyewitness Travel- For 25 years, DK’s beautifully practical Eyewitness guides have been combining inspiring ideas and expert advice with easy-to-read maps and vivid photography to inform and enrich your holiday. In 2018 the Eyewitness series was relaunched with a stunning new look that you will love even more. DK is the world’s leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.